Your objective is to create a data link between two PLCs. The system is used to pass 10 Integers and 32 Boolean values from a MicroLogix 1100 PLC to a CompactLogix PLC.
- MicroLogix 1100 PLC [1763-L16BWA]
- CompactLogix 1100 PLC [1763-L16BWA]
- Unmanaged EtherNet Switch
- RSLogix 500
- Studio 5000 v.30
Components to Resolve
- How to read tags from a MicroLogix PLC in Studio 5000.
- How to pass 10 Integers and 32 Booleans worth of data.
- The two PLCs are on the same subnet. For the purpose of this exercise let us assign the IP addresses of 192.168.1.4 to the MicroLogix and 192.168.1.11 to the CompactLogix.
- The CompactLogix PLC will read the data every 100ms from the MicroLogix.
- The CompactLogix PLC will store the data into a specified array.
[Bonus 1]: Utilize a UDT that will store all the required data.
[Bonus 2]: Create a structure that would receive and send data.