Connecting an Allen Bradley PLC to a Siemens HMI

In industrial automation, the presence of several suppliers of automation equipment brings advantages and disadvantages. Each piece of equipment has individual characteristics and attaches to its brand a unique technical body whose replacement with similar models from another manufacturer can generate acquisition, professional training, and maintenance costs.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.solisplc.com/tutorials/allen-bradley-plc-to-siemens-hmi-communication

Thanks for sharing all this valuable knowledge! I am , however, facing a problem as I wanted to connect SLC500/3 to PC ( wincc advanced)
I was able to connect to the SLC , write my program and go online , with the same computer where the DF1 usb port is connencted to COM4 I have built up some graphics but when I run the wincc simulation nothing changes. Although with FT view Site editoion it worked perfectly.

Note: i have set all the parameters correctly on the wincc advanced (tia portal v18)

My question do I need to convert to MP1/DP likewise HMI

Regards