Control logix 5563 red flashing

Hi,

I have the Logix 5563 referred to 1756-L3 and the red light is flashing, and all all other lights are off from the controller are off. I check the battery and it seems it is ok. The power supply light is green, the ControlNet and EthernetIP are green. Do you know what the error could be?

I saw on internet that the error could be fixed by switching the key from prog to run. Right now, the key position it is on REM. I saw that your course you said that when you move the key from PROG to REM it will not run, and you have to switch that in the software. Do you think that if I switch the key from REM to PROG and switch back to RUN directly could make it work, or I would have to download the program again? and if it has nothing to do with the error, what it could be?

If it’s flashing red, it’s a minor fault. moving the key make clear the fault. place the key in program, wait 10 seconds and place it in RUN. REM is so you can edit online from the software. if you have the software it is better to connect to the plc to know exactly the fault.

2 Likes

Thanks, Idania. I will try it.

H Idaniai,

The plc should be on when moving the key from prog to run, right?

Best Regards,

Phelipe