Getting Started in FactoryTalk View ME HMI Development

HMI Development is often paired with PLC programming to visualize certain elements of a process controlled by a Programmable Logic Controller. A vast array of platforms and solutions are available to accomplish this task. However, in North America, FactoryTalk View Machine Edition is one of the most popular ways to build HMIs. This platform from Rockwell Automation allows users to create lightweight applications that run on stand-alone terminals branded as PanelViews. These terminals will come pre-configured to run a certain version of a FactoryTalk View application, communicate with one to multiple PLCs and require no additional hardware to display the information.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.solisplc.com/tutorials/factorytalk-view-me-hmi-development

how to download factory talk view studio?

Hi Krishna,

You have to purchase a license from a local Rockwell distributor and then download the software through the Rockwell Download Centre.

Vlad

Hi,

I want to enhance my skills in Factorytalk viewpoint SE. So is it possible to download trial version.

warm regards
Balaji

Hi Balaji,

As far as I know, there is no free FactoryTalk software available for download from Rockwell. You can try finding something onlineā€¦

All the best,
Vlad