How find current IP address and set to default -1734_-AENT

I have received a 1734-AENT via ebay. It came to me with the dip switches set to 030. I was unable to ping it or use RSLinx to locate the Current IP address. I followed Rockwell’s knowledge base and tried to set it to the default (999). This didn’t help. I tried to use Boot P and was unable to see the MAC address. Does anyone have any experience in reset a 1734-AENT in this situation?

Honestly, I would attempt the exact step you’ve outlined. If that doesn’t work, I would assume that the card is defective. I would contact eBay immediately as they generally offer good return policies. Unless the card was sold as is or “for parts”, you shouldn’t have issues getting money back.

1 Like

Hi Gracie
When the DIP switches were set to 030, the IP address expected to be 192.168.1.30 the switches are looked at only when powered up. To reset to factory default you could try 888 and recycle power power. This resets the card to factory default. BootP has its moments, I normally turn off laptop wireless, run BootP as administrator.

1 Like