How to download RSLogix 500, RSLogix 500 Emulate, and RSLinx for free

The simplest method of getting into PLC Programming is to use an emulator. However, locating the proper files may be troublesome as Rockwell Automation has created a very intricate process to access them. Furthermore, downloading from third-party sites may be unsafe due to viruses and corrupted versions of the required software.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.solisplc.com/tutorials/downloading-a-free-copy-of-rslogix-500-rslogix-500-emulate-rslinx
1 Like

Is there a version that is Windows 10 compatible, or do I have to get a computer with the older operating systems in order to participate in the course?

Hi Joshua,

All the RSLogix 500 versions and software are compatible with Windows 10. The tutorial that is mentioned in this thread was developed under Windows 10; I’ve personally found no issues when it comes to Windows 10 compatibility.

1 Like

Hi Vladimir
To download RSLogix 500, RsLogix Emulate, and RSLinx for free I follow all the above steps, but in the end, need to enter a company name, but now I don’t have a company, so how can I download RSLogix 500, RsLogix Emulate, and RSLinx ?

Hi Vladimir
To download RSLogix 500, RsLogix Emulate, and RSLinx for free I follow all the above steps, but in the end, need to enter a company name, but now I don’t work in a company, so how can I download RSLogix 500, RsLogix Emulate, and RSLinx ?

You can enter any company name and proceed with the download.

Hello @VRomanov
I am using Windows 10, the installation for RSLogix Micro and RSLogix Emulate 500 goes well and finishes.
But the RSLinx Classic fails, giving a warning that FactoryTalk Diagnostics 2.30 (CPR 9 SR 3) needs to be installed first… when I try to install FactoryTalk Diagnostics 2.30 (CPR 9 SR 3) it stops at Configuring DCOM permissions and the installation fails.
I’ve tried and searched a lot but still no solution…
Do you happen to know the reason ?

1 Like

There can be many reasons for DCMO errors… Try this based on a knowledgebase article:

1. Click Start, then click Run or Search, type dcomcnfg and open it
  2. Expand Component Services → Computers → My Computer → DCOM Config
  3. Scroll down to Rockwell Directory Multiplexer, right-click it and select Properties.
  4. On the Security tab, under Launch and Activation Permissions, click Edit
  5. Write down all groups or users listed, and their respective security settings
  6. Remove all groups and users listed and apply these settings
  7. Add them back in, apply settings and reboot
2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help, @VRomanov !
I only could find RSLogix 500 Pro under DCOM Config, but I changed it’s settings anyway as you mentioned and now the program is installed.
Have a great day :blush:

2 Likes