Input data type

Another question, we have a flow edge sensor, and it is connected to an AW gear meters to gets the right amount of fluid through the flow/pulse. So. we have two files, that are: REJ and REJ_LEFT_NEW. In the REJ file, we have one base tag called LEFT_OIL_PULSE and in the REJ_LEFT_NEW file we have another base tag called LEFT_REJ_OIL_FLOW_RATE. The sensor has three wires: pwr, grd and mA. For me, it seems like the same sensor is being used for both tags at the same time. Is it possible to use one input sensor and split it for two different base tags? For example, you can get the signals (0 or 1) from the input sensor and associate to the LEFT_OIL_PULSE base tag, and use the same sensor input to associate to another base tag called LEFT_REJ_OIL_FLOW_RATE to get the flow rate using the functions TOT and PID?

Also, I observed that the LEFT_REJ_FLOW_RATE has as base tag left_rear:1:I.Ch5Data(C) and the LEFT_OIL_PULSE has a base tag called left_rear:1.Slot [4].Data.12. Could you explain the difference between these two base tags? What could be the reason for the sensor input be associated to different inputs and also with distinct base tags?

Thanks in advance!
Untitled

1 Like

First you have to verify the model, according to the datasheet it explains that if the code you have is Type B, it is analog + pulse.
If so, you can make the connection as explained in the pins of the M12 connector.

1 Like

Hi Idania,

Thanks so much, the picture is more to illustrate and to make the question clearer. I can not check the connections because the machines are on the job site, but the main purpose is about Data type input and if the same sensor input can be used for two others different inputs with different purposes.

Best Regards,

Phelipe

Perhaps @anilmamillapalli can help? I believe he has a lot of experience with sensors.