Create a system that will start and stop a motor using the following components:
- MicroLogix 1100 PLC [1763-L16BWA]
- Motor Contactor [Ex: `00-C09A10]
- Normally Open “Start” Push Button
- Normally Closed “Stop” Push Button
- RSLogix 500
Components to Resolve
- Which inputs and output the system will utilize?
- What logic do we need to write in order to achieve the system operation described below?
- The Motor is tied to the three phases of the Motor Contactor.
- When the Motor Contactor is energized, the motor is started.
- When the Motor Contactor is de-energized, the motor is stopped.
- The operator is able to push the start or the stop push buttons.