PowerFlex 525 VFD Setup - Programming Parameters Wiring Diagram RSLogix Studio 5000 EtherNet IP Address Start Stop

Variable Frequency Drives are used within the automation industry to drive induction motors with added precision over a simple contactor. Over the last decade, these devices have become increasingly cheaper. Based on this phenomenon, it’s now recommended to utilize a VFD over a contactor in every application. VFDs are flexible, provide additional control and data in every application.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.solisplc.com/tutorials/powerflex-525-vfd-setup-programming-parameters-wiring-diagram-rslogix-studio-5000-ethernet-ip-address-start-stop

Hi,

Which ControlLogix version did you use for that setup?

Also, what the model of that PowerFlex 525 VFD?

Thanks!

The PLC in this tutorial is v30.11. The Powerflex is a 110VAC input model.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, Vlad!

Hi,
Recently I have been working on a project where I have two different setup. In one setup, I have 5 powerflex 525 drives, an Allen-Bradley compactlogix PLC, and a C-More HMI. In other setup, I have a Siemens Micromaster 440 drive to control a servo motor and got no PLC or such. To control this servo motor speed, I do have a potentiometer. Now what I am trying to do is, getting rid of the potentiometer, run the analog input from the siemens drive to one of my powerflex 525 analog input, and control the speed of the servo using my HMI. I am using the 525 VFD analog input, cause I have no slot left to my PLC to add an analog input card. Can you please give me a solution for that?