RS500 programming and communication between units over radio

I am new to this site and appreciate the opportunity to ask a question.

I am in charge of an existing system that has several remote micrologix 1100 and 1400 units communicating over a network using dataradio modems. The micrologix units send and receive data to and from a larger PLC (using RS logix 5000). The system works well but I would like to get one point from one remote site displayed to another remote site.

I have the software and programs for the remote units and can see the point that i am after on the unit i am after but programming and addresses do not appear to be unique for each remote unit. I think the remote units communicate to the master individually and the data is addressed internally at the master and then retransmitted to each remote unit. I am trying to add an alalog signal (tank level) to a unit that does not have that data.

Thank you for any help

1 Like

Hi Esmikel,

Can you provide more information as to where the addresses are not appearing? I’m also not familiar with this method of passing data so it may be difficult to give you an answer. I’d have to see the documentation for these modules to understand how they are addressed and how the data is transmitted and received between the main unit and field devices.

On the analog side, have you added an analog card into the ML1100 / ML1400 to capture the signal? If the question on how to do that or what it will take to send the data to the master?

All the best,
Vlad

1 Like